The Rock & Roll Alphabet offers an informative, artistic, and whimsical survey of Rock & Roll History through the lens of Chuck Boyd's camera. Featuring photographs from the Chuck Boyd Photo Collection, this innovative, photo-driven retrospective presents a 'kid-friendly' alphabetical survey of several Rock legends from the 1960's and 1970's. With it's vintage Rock & Roll photography and engaging, poetic rhyme-scheme, readers will find The Rock & Roll Alphabet to be an educational and enjoyable visual and literary experience. This children's text offers a fun and engaging way to reinforce alphabet familiarity and introduce your young ones to some of Rock & Roll's greatest at the same time. The images in this book were all taken by renowned Rock & Roll photographer, Chuck Boyd.
L.A. in Focus: Neil Zlozower
In Conversation with Jeffrey Schwartz
June 13, 2015 - Downtown Los Angeles Public Library
With his photographs featured in thousands of music magazines, album covers, posters, and books, renowned rock photographer Neil Zlozower has documented the Los Angeles rock scene like no other. A career that spans four decades, ‘Zloz’ captured hundreds of bands as they rose to stardom in the 1970’s and 1980’s. Perhaps best known for his iconic photographs of L.A. bands like Van Halen, Mötley Crüe, and Guns N' Roses, his vast archives include incredible images of bands like The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, and KISS, as well as countless other metal bands and L.A. performers.
L.A. in Focus: Rock & Roll Seen
Presented by Jeffrey Schwartz
Downtown Los Angeles Public Library
Encore presentation of 2013 Photographer's Eye lecture series. Jeff explores the life and work of renowned rock photograph Chuck Boyd, the Los Angeles music scene of the 1960's, "rock & roll archaeology," and some of the challenges associated with directing a vast and historic photo archive. Recorded by Russell Pyle for the LAPL video archives.
• Published the critically acclaimed book The Rock & Roll Alphabet in June 2011
• Received national and local press coverage for inaugural book offering (Parenting Magazine and Holiday Gift Guide, Parade, Miami Herald, LA Parent, NY Family, UrbanBaby)
• Developed the fine-art coffee table book, Forever Young: The Rock & Roll Photography of Chuck Boyd
• Cultivated and developed social media outlets garnering over 15,000 combined fans
• Licensed photographs for use in several film documentaries and television programs
• Licensed photographs for use in several album reissues, CD’s, and box set offerings
• Licensed photographs for use in several books and print/digital media outlets
• Licensed the ‘Chuck Boyd Collection’ brand in a rock and roll t-shirt offering with an international retailer
• Licensed photographs to the prestigious Rolling Stone magazine
• Contributed to Eric Clapton’s book, Six String Stories, by Genesis Publishing
• Assisted the Kennedy Center in honoring Led Zeppelin in December 2012 celebration
• Licensed photographs to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the 2013 Induction Ceremonies
• Orchestrated and hosted three fine-art photo gallery events in Southern California
• Licensed images to Academy Award winning documentary film 20 Feet from Stardom
• Guest Lecturer at Downtown Los Angeles Public Library, hosted by LAPL Photo Archive
• Web design for Emergency Prepared L.A.
• Co-Founder: Ready for Anything app
To play, press and hold the enter key. To stop, release the enter key.